I've been dreading the alteration of this dress. It's actually one of the first dresses I had bought for this project, and I would have returned it if I'd paid better attention to Value Village's return policy. Now I have to face it.
I feel like it's really ugly, but to be fair, it does have some good qualities. For example, it's made of chiffon. Also, that fancy detailing at the collar is all done by hand, so someone actually had to go to the trouble of cutting and sewing all those little strips of fabric together. That must be worth something, if not sweat. And finally, it's quite large, so there's lots of room for design freedom.
I feel like it's really ugly, but to be fair, it does have some good qualities. For example, it's made of chiffon. Also, that fancy detailing at the collar is all done by hand, so someone actually had to go to the trouble of cutting and sewing all those little strips of fabric together. That must be worth something, if not sweat. And finally, it's quite large, so there's lots of room for design freedom.

<< Home