This one's a kimono-esque housecoat. I seem to have a thing for loungewear, but it's the fabric that reeled me in. I love the fact that so many of the prints from the Seventies' grow more complex in design as they get closer to the edge, like this one. The plan is to take the trim and retain it in the new style. It will act as a decorative trim crossing the front and across the hip.
I haven't quite figured out the back yet, but I guess it will solve itself when I see how much fabric is left after cutting. There used to be a sign in my Grade 7 Home Economics class. It said, "Cutting is the point of no return." I always hated that sign, but only because it's true. But sometimes you can use it to force yourself to make a decision, like with this dress.
I haven't quite figured out the back yet, but I guess it will solve itself when I see how much fabric is left after cutting. There used to be a sign in my Grade 7 Home Economics class. It said, "Cutting is the point of no return." I always hated that sign, but only because it's true. But sometimes you can use it to force yourself to make a decision, like with this dress.

<< Home